Numeca is sponsoring the seventh ECCOMAS Conference on Computational Methods in Marine Engineering (Marine 2017) which will be organized in Nantes, France, on 15-17 May, 2017.
The objective of Marine 2017 is to be a meeting place for researchers developing computational methods and scientists and engineers focusing on challenging applications in marine engineering.
Marine engineering includes applications within the maritime and offshore industry as well as scientific and engineering challenges related to the marine environment. The conference goal is to make a step forward in the formulation and computational solution of marine engineering problems accounting for all the complex couplings involved in the physical description of the problems.
Conference topics will include:
- Ship hydrodynamics
- Structural analysis of marine structures
- Offshore structures
- Sea-pipe mechanics
- Advances in mechanical methods for marine engineering (new finite element, finite difference, finite volume and boundary element methods, particle methods, meshless methods, etc.)
- Computational environmental mechanics in marine problems
- Algorithms for solving multidisciplinary problems in marine engineering
- Marine engineering applications.
The conference is one of the Thematic Conferences of the European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS). It is also supported by other scientific organisations in Europe and worldwide including the International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM).
For more information on the conference click here.