Numeca and it's partner NSI (NUMERICAL Software Italia) will be participating at the 5th edition of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) Design and Construction of Super and Mega Yachts Conference taking place in Genoa, Italy on May 10th and 11th.
The increasing size of vessels and complexity coupled with the new technologies and stringent new environmental regulations are providing even greater challenging of designers and builders of the latest generation of yachts. Today's owners are also demanding ever greater levels of comfort and luxury, not only in terms of the vessel fittings and styling but also in the vessels behaviour whilst underway and at anchor. They are also increasingly aware of the impact of their vessels on the environment and many owners want to go beyond the compulsory requires and introduce innovative technologies to improve their “green credentials.”
Many vessels are now used for charter and this has implications for the way in which the vessel is designed and classed.
Selected papers include:
- IMPACT OF DESIGN CHOICES ON SEAKEEPING OF MOTOR YACHTS, Francisco Miguel Montero, MARIN, The Netherlands
- "FLOODABLE DOCKING GARAGES" ON YACHTS, Cristina Barba Fau, Lloyd's Register EMEA, Italy
- NUMERICAL TOOLS AND EXPERIMENTAL ACTIVITIES FOR THE PREDICTION OF NOISE PROPAGATION ON BOARD SUPERYACHTS, Angelo Tonelli, Daniele Torre, R.I.Na. Services Italy, Dario Boote, Gianmarco Vergassola, University of Genova, Italy
- NOVEL PROPULSION OPTIONS AND THEIR IMPACT ON NEW BUILD YACHTS, Ed Harland, Houlder, UK
- A NOVEL DISPLACEMENT MONOHULL SHAPE FOR IMPROVED FUEL CONSUMPTION AND HABITABILITY OF FUTURE SUPERYACHT - HYBRID, Maurizio De Giacomo, Aviomarine Srl, Italy
When: May 10th and 11th, 2017
Venue: The Gelata Museo del Mare, Genoa, Italy
Please click here for more information about RINA and the event.